Thursday, May 31, 2012

there's no place like home


Today was one of those days which is just a good day.  A few pangs of nostalgia and stirred memories of confusing bittersweet feelings emerged.

So fun to be able to pop down to the main street in town and visit family and friends who run various retail businesses in town.  To add to the experience is bumping into familiar old faces from the past and share stories and news of recent times.

Great big hugs and kind eyes and encouraging words and that wonderful community strength and spirit that is freely shared and exchanged.

I know this might be my original hometown but the saying home is where the heart is rings true for me.  There are little pieces of my heart left in hearts here and memories in this town are part of who I am today. Some years ago,  Hobart captured my heart's attentions with it's beauty and vibrant collection of people and places..... and that is where it resides right now but does not own it.

I guess my geographical home is going to be different through various seasons and stages but feel that home is more connected to the relationships which have weaved into the fabric of my journey.  Wherever they may be.

Little gems and treasures scattered all over the country and world now but all a part of the 'home' that so warms my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment