Tuesday, May 15, 2012

northern exposure :: things to do


Hunt :- 


for unique and interesting bargains in the opportunity shops, to see what vintage treasures await.


Get Intimate:- 


with my SLR camera and stop treating her like a cheap plaything and get to know her beyond the surface.    Fully appreciate her many layers and capabilities.

Be absurd:- 


laugh.....a lot..... with my silly, wonderful and fabulous sisters.

Capture:-


all of my grandma's special recipes on paper to tuck away for generations to appreciate and love.

Create:-


a hand knitted winter scarf in a bold red or mustard shade to keep me warm and cheerful on return to Ice age conditions at the end of our stay.

Bake:- 


without any rush or occasion.  Make all the things I have pushed aside for when I have more time.  re-discover the beautiful event of sharing and planning meals with my sisters.

Share:- 


special times with dear treasured friends who I can pick up our conversations from days gone by with such ease.  Fully known and loved anyhow...such a gift.

Teach :-


my children the ways of the land with adventures to the farm and places to explore.  Memories to last a lifetime are made in these happy days.

Rock out:-


with a newer, younger generation at a music festival and remember what it's like to feel young, overly confident, 10 feet tall and invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment