Monday, April 30, 2012

sneaky jack frost



Dang.....it's freaking cold!  I know, I know, I love cold weather, usually.  Today it just stinks.

I am hating the fact that I don't even care that I wore my ugg boots outside the house (in true bogan style) into the car and drove to training drop off.  That is a first for me.

I am not sure whether it's because I got a taste of freedom by way of a weekend without the responsibility of the smalls or the sneaky winter wind blowing via the snow covered mountain behind me which has gotten my feathers ruffled?

Dang snow!  Dang blissful relaxed coffee and company!  Dang return to reality!

I am feeling a little excited yet also a little overwhelmed about the relentless schedule of events that comes with winter sports season, birthdays, farewells and mini breaks and interstate visitors in coming weeks.

Now that I have vented, as per the mission of this blog, I turn to sweeter things and gracious thoughts and joy at the blessings I have experienced this past week.



The extravagent generosity of friends to make impossible......... possible.

The hearty laughter of family enjoying an unexpected piece of time together.

The cuddles of two beautiful little nephews.  Their smiles heartwarming and soothing.

The remembrance of the greatest man I have ever known.  The challenge to live with heart and passion and compassion as he did.

The serendipity of bumping into friends from the past in a random cafe.

The delight of time well spent with a kindred spirit.

The extra leg room on the plane.

The beautiful city awaiting to greet my weary soul on return with a spectacular display of autumn highlights.

Friends to love my children while I am away so that they do not want for anything.



The realisation that life is full of joyful moments right there for the taking.  If we are open and ready to grab them with both hands.

There is only one to thank....you humble me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment