Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Pilgrimage of sorts


 My destination not a place rather a condition of revelation.  A prayerful journey to peace and harmony.




First stop to capture an image from the side of a backroad and to my utter surprise as I turned to go back to the car, I notice an old book over towards the grass and fence of the paddock.



A worn out weathered and crumpled book.  Not just any book but an old bible.  A breath of fresh air and subtle reminder that these words and the promises in them are always the answer.

Waiting just there for me to remind me of something I already knew but had overlooked.  I knew at that moment that today's impromptu pilgrimage would not disappointment.


My only goal to just breathe and open my eyes and see all the precious gifts waiting just for my pleasure today.


Solid, never changing and increasing in beauty once more familiar.


Generations of thankful remembrance of an extravagant love of a father to his children.



A sense of company every step I took over the worn sandstone bricks.


Simplicity.

A restored flour mill operational again and supplying the little country village bake house.


Beautiful gardens and contrasting building textures which always inspire my creative side.  I love the consideration given to the construction of these old buildings.  Totally impractical yet so very beautiful.


Perhaps logic has it's place but there is a point where God just wants us to accept him at face value and see the beauty that is right there before us.



A simple childlike faith that all is good in his perfect and ordered creation and ultimately he is in charge of my destiny so I can just trust in that.



Autumn leaves to remind me that things are always changing and fluid.  To embrace transition is to embrace the adventure.


Reminds me of where those powerful words urge us to trust his total care and provision and the example of how beautifully and delicately he has clothed creation.


Red leaves were an absolute striking and demanding show outside some lucky persons door.


There were just too many different hues of green, gold and silver to capture. 


Orderly gardens and cute picket fences.  


The signs of winter and promise of renewal in spring.


Silent, steady and statuesque.


All is as it should be.  All is well.

2 comments:

  1. 'All is as it should be' I keep hearing this phrase in my head. I googled it and found your post. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would we do without Google. Glad you enjoyed.

      Delete