Thursday, April 19, 2012

on the topic of small gatherings

There seems to be a recurring theme emerging for me right now.  I come from a long line of family who love to cook, be hospitable, entertain and share a meal with friends and family alike.  I am most alive when caring for someone by cooking up something special and providing an experience for my guest.

I want them to feel as though they have "come home" to a place of peace and belonging and to know that they were expected, prepared for and their arrival joyfully anticipated.

Lately it feels as though something that was placed in limbo whilst wrangling and raising the smalls is beginning to re-surface and it feels so, so good.  I am coming back to myself and I love the possibilities and conversations and shared experiences which naturally follow.

Today I have been inspired by a mag that I haven't yet gotten my hands on.  'Kinfolk'  is the name and I have a suspicion that it's full of my kind of stuff.  Next task, track down a supplier.  Am pretty sure that it may be a hard ask in my neck of the woods.  

I just love the kinfolk manifesto  and cannot wait to get my hands on a copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment