Thursday, March 22, 2012

A moment in time :: looking beyond

I probably drive by this jetty a few times a week.  I love and am inspired by this beautiful stretch of road right beside the water and the boats and the rustic old jetty that stands out with it's green roof and primitive charm.

Today I decided to stop.  Not for any reason other than to just be in the moment.  I could have rushed home conscious of the groceries in the car, the chores to do at home.  It was a choice, between duty or a long deep breath for my soul.  I needed to appreciate close up how much this spot moves me.  It's as if looking at that wooden shack like structure, it comes alive with the personalities and many moments spent over the years here looking out over the water at sunset.

Have other's emotions been stirred and risen to the surface from the many generations that find their way here as well?  I like to think so.  I like to be reminded how we are just a little piece of a bigger puzzle.

I realised all over again how very blessed I am to live right here, right now.  Such a contrast to the dusty flat plains of the place I grew up.  Not that it wasn't beautiful in it's own way and not that I don't long for the still and quiet and hot and dust of the country.  I just see what a gift I have to embrace in this particular point of history.

Again, I am humbled and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment