Monday, March 5, 2012

good choices :: best choice

A few years ago one of my relatives said that when making big decisions that she had learnt that there were often many options laid out in front of her.

She shared that there were plenty of good choices. Things which appeared reasonable, responsible and productive.

The key was to decide was it just a good choice or the best choice.  Once you have two paths, good vs best, it's amazing how much clearer the right and best path is.

This is something I put into practice after my enlightening discussion with her and found really liberating.

Often I had been pressured into the choice which was best for someone else yet mildly good for me and those I am responsible for.

I just remembered that conversation this  morning and was prompted to realise it had somehow been forgotten in the survival and daily grind of the last couple of years.  I love it when you remember something really great and profound.

Bring on the next decision, I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment