Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A blustery day :: it's windy down south

What a start to the day.  A 1:30 am wake up call from Felix who was saying "Mummy" "hurt tummy" followed by half hourly intervals of throwing up.  By 8:30 am aside from all being exhausted, the tummy had settled and I ducked out to collect the mail and pick up the bread for the days lunches.

To my absolute delight, a parcel had arrived containing my very own brand new camera! Thankyou to the special ones who so generously have revived my weary soul with this special gift. 

Check out the first test of the new gadget.  The view from the deck.  It is a cold windy day but the sun is still shining.


And to the left, looking out from the deck  onto my son's school roof.  If I got out my binoculars, I might be able to spy on him playing soccer at lunchtime.


All the autumn leaves have gone, and replaced by the grey twigs.  I like winter, the grey which still seems alive with the sunny days that are Hobart's trademark winter weather.


After such a bumpy start to the day everyone needed a distraction.  Play dough....the faithful remedy for disgruntled children and tired parents everywhere.


Very focused on making little purple men with big green eyes.


Tasting the man, too tempting to resist, it was only a little lick.


Showing daddy how it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment