Thursday, June 17, 2010

A snapshot of my travels

I have arrived back home to Hobart and have embraced the steady calming pace of my daily routine.  I love order and get slightly anxious with chaos.  I am a creature of habit in some ways yet radical in others, a contradiction of sorts.


This is my friend, "the king" of coffee and storytelling.  It was one of the highlights of my visit to my hometown these last few weeks and share a few special times of chatting and reflection over a coffee or two.  He is a local icon, a familiar identity.  I can hardly believe that within a couple of short years in town, he knew almost more people than me......a girl who had been born and bred in the place.

I had the opportunity to spend some time with two other special friends and lots of special family time.  It is so lovely to be known so well and understood without much said.

I will miss walks with my friend along the creek with the kids in prams and bikes and the large party we were parading through town on our outings.  To talk freely and be listened by someone who knows your heart is almost like medicine for the soul.  A generous gift.

I will miss the honesty and depth of sharing with my other friend who has journeyed with me through good, bad and just plain ugly.  We spend years apart yet meet again with a point of reference.  A mutual choice to embrace life and it's challenges with faith and conviction and grow anyway has kept our bond strong.  Laughing together at the ordinary and seeing through a different perspective than logical thinking.


Another activity which has inspired me to create again is a dig around in my grandmothers fabric cupboard.  Now to find some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment