Friday, July 2, 2010

a plague on the house of marshall

Well let me start by saying that there is nothing worth taking a photo of this week.  In the wee hours of Tuesday morning, Felix started showing symptoms of the gastric bug which was about to knock two more of us down.  A violent invasion of half hourly throwing up, to spoil an otherwise peaceful week.
This picture of Felix gives you some idea of how everyone is feeling right now.


Sweet little Annabelle has not been affected so far.  I have not hugged her in two days which is pretty sad but am attempting to give the little one every chance of not getting sick.
I have been banished (by myself) to my bedroom while Jon looks after the children today and yesterday.  I literally could not get out of bed yesterday but today am feeling much better, just lacking strength and a little queasy still.

Lachlan and I make contact via mobile phone occasionally as he is also banished downstairs with the same ailment.  He called me with an SOS in the middle of the night when he needed help.  Who would have though technology could come in so handy in the domestic realm.

It is rather peaceful in my room, I have decided.  I have a real excuse not to do anything.  So for the rest of the day, the laptop is set up in bed, books piled up to read and no child responsibilities at all!!  WHOO HOO!  I may yet be sick an extra few days, just to be certain I am not contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment