Sunday, August 30, 2009

Things to do on rainy days.....


It has been raining for days and days and I am a suffering a dose of cabin fever. We did as all the other dutiful parents did yesterday and braved winds, rain and mud to spectate the last soccer match of the season, however most of the week has been indoors for Felix and Mummy. I will miss the weekend sports matches as we have a wonderful, interesting and fun group of parents and children in our teams. We mother's have an unspoken rule that of course we saw every detail of every exciting play our children make. Truth is that most of us don't stop to take a breath from chatting for the hour. You really do catch up on lots of news at the match. It seems a shame to have them encourage and support me through the last nine months of pregnancy only to miss the big event. Lachlan played extremely well and scored the two winning goals and showed great sportsmanship which is so rewarding for me as his mum. I am especially proud that he is a real team player and uses great strategy in his game.

I was sure the rain had moved on when I woke to clear sky and sunshine this morning but alas it was a brief reprise. Today is the due date for our new baby and due to the weather, I decided to do some baking to keep me from wondering and waiting for the moment to arrive. Lemon and Poppyseed are a new variation and the family favourite Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins. There is nothing better than a creamy coffee and fresh muffin while reading the weekend paper. Bliss.....


No comments:

Post a Comment