Thursday, July 26, 2012

to win the prize :: the fair maiden's heart


It seems that the universal differences between men and women still continue to amuse me.  I for one embrace the differences. I am definitely not a feminist and have no desire to be a 'man' yet do appreciate that God made us 'equal' heirs in Christ.


I think God with his perfect intentions and plan made a great recipe for companionship, satisfaction and unity.  I guess it's us who mess it up and get confused by whatever reality we have experienced or are working through.


Here is a note for men, I don't really care if you have a big boat, or a fancy car or many worldly achievements to date.  What I do want to know is about your heart, your character, your steadfastness in the face of an unreasonable and unpredictable world.


I want to know if you have the courage to choose the right thing when confronted with an easier more comfortable option. 


I would be impressed if rather than taking the usual status quo of remaining silent at critical times (think Adam in the Garden) you speak up for truth and justice and integrity.  


I am fictitiously thinking Steve McGarrett in Hawaii Five O.  I know girls...... you have all gone to those gorgeous strong arms, chiselled face and cheeky, sexy, grin....anyhow....I digress and promise to stay on track from now on.


I want to know if you will defend and protect me when the assaults of life and this journey deflate my delicate feminine soul.


I want to know if you will challenge me in Godliness and personal growth rather than comply to my every whim.


Sure, the boat, car and good pay check have some merit but in the eternal scheme of things means very little.



No comments:

Post a Comment