Thursday, June 14, 2012

from the past




This is my first church that I knew as a child.

I couldn't count the times I have sat in these pews for mass, weddings, christenings and funerals.  It holds many memories and still stands a massive building for such a small town.  

The birth of my faith began here with little seeds being sown which God would pick up and begin to shape in years to come.

The many happy events of wedding day's and celebrations and rites of passage. 

The many forced confessions at allocated reconciliation times and repetitive hail mary's to absolve me of my sins.

Some sad and tearful days to farewell family and friends and those gone too soon.

So many memories and familiar feelings I can't help but experience when walking the grounds.




No comments:

Post a Comment