Friday, April 2, 2010

a new day :: a new do

This post is primarily to show my new look to my sisters.  They both have fabulous new hairstyles everytime I see them.  I on the other hand have stuck with the same predictable cut for years.  I think it has something to do with my hairdresser.  He is a great guy and all, fellow ex pat Queenslander, cuts well, remembers all the mindless trivia I tell him and makes me feel important by remembering it all.  The downside is that he likes to play it safe.

He is one of those hairdressers that has lost their youthful enthusiasm for funky and edgy and now has a generally ageing clientele who are defined by their poodles, perms and poolboys.


This time, I got a little assertive and convinced him that I could manage with something different, I now owned sufficient expensive styling equipment to manage a change............ and darn it.........I wasn't leaving without feeling like a new woman this time.

And the result speaks for itself.  I did feel liberated and a little brave and excited by my new cut.  Plenty of compliments at daycare, and by the fellow soccer mums.  Whilst it doesn't seem like much, it is for a woman who's day revolves around routine, order and sameness.  Next week,  who knows, maybe a different walking route.   It's time to explore, create and live again.  Stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment