Thursday, April 29, 2010

The constant wrestle :: logic verses revelation

?????????????????????????????????????????


I have had a week of challenges.  The keen awareness of the complexity of the human life existing in a complex and broken world has weighed heavy on my heart.

Suffering seems common place for many around me at present.  I think that these periods of life that require hard work and grace in your guts, give a fresh perspective on the struggles of the people around us.

This is a good thing as it unites and comforts others and gives them permission to be honest and lighten their load in the sharing of it.

This has been taught to me by some dear friends (who know who they are) who have provided a safe and encouraging place to share the ugliness of situations I would rather not deal with at all.  To talk, be heard, and then be understood and loved is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.

?????????????????????????????????????????

It is amazing to me that the Lord can use us even in our most broken state, in fact, I wonder if that is the exact place he works best.  In our weakness, it can be nothing other than his strength.

However there is another option, to fall so deeply into self- pity or obsession that you lose all ability to listen, walk in another's shoes or have any compassion at all.  God must struggle to work in that place.

Another less desirable effect can be to compare and compete our respective suffering.  A fight to be heard and understood can manifest in confusion and anger and resentment.....and just being plain stuck.

I choose change, I choose to rise up and go on and live less broken one day at a time.  I choose to be more of a blessing than a burden, more honest than hidden.  I choose to listen more and talk less. (This one will be hard for those who know me!)

I choose to listen to the revelations that God whispers to my spirit rather than figure it all out in my human (limited) ability.

Thankyou faithful friends who help me keep doing this....and turn my eyes back to the Grace of our God.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment