Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the simple things

Initially, I struggled to see the bright side of our new "old" car breaking down on monday. I guess I was just not destined to accessorise with a new red leather bag as was the purpose of the outing. To set the scene.........Firstly, I was a little concerned when realising that I had forgotten the baby carrier, no matter we could carry Annabelle. Mildly vexed when I had forgotten my purse and cash, no problem, sister could cover me. I was however by this time, not even surprised on exiting the car (after solving those little challenges) to discover that my car had a leak. Actually to be more accurate, a "lot" of water had leaked from my radiator. It only rains when it pours so naturally this would have to be the week for this to occur....murphy's law or something like that.

There is however, a bright side.........

We broke down behind a fabulous shop with excellent coffee and beautiful shoes on perhaps one of the few days of the year where you can sit outside in Hobart and be just the right amount of warm. Secondly, the RACT man truly was just like Indianna Jones rescuing a damsel in distress. Kind, considerate and not once did he make me feel silly about the car dilemma. He even followed us home to make sure we arrived ok, after helping get the pram in the car and patiently waiting to pack up the babes and bags. My faith that there is good in this world was restored, thank you universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment