Thursday, October 15, 2009

My daily indulgence

There is one thing that I am completely unashamed to admit complete addiction to..........my first coffee of the morning. When my husband was first discovering the joys and quirks of co-habitation with me, this was, I am sure, quite amusing to him. He wasn't entirely sure why we couldn't go away for the weekend without either packing my morning saviour (I rely heavily on my coffee pot as pictured) or confirming in advance the location of the nearest place to grab and espresso before 7am. He happily obliged my harmless obsession and went along with my requests. I confess I am a coffee snob, very particular about how it is made. I even turn my nose up at the "barista" on sandy bay road. He gives me the mildly frustrated "i know how to make coffee and you are just a mere consumer" when I specify how I like it to be made.
Now my daily routine has changed somewhat. The click, click of my stilletto's along the pavement of collins street has long since faded. I have traded my suits and heels for sneakers and tracksuits. I don't even dare venture into a cafe, too perplexing with two babies crying in harmony to each other.
I do however indulge in coffee made to perfection on my own stove.....two a day....no more....no less. This is the little piece of heaven I savour in rare moment of quiet during the day. My husband is now bursting with confidence as he is now trusted with the task of making the perfect cup. I have taught him the ways of the stove top coffee and he has passed with flying colours. He now understands and appreciates my coffee fixation and am sure is a little addicted himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment