Saturday, October 16, 2010

the sweetest gift

This is where I keep the most special gift I have ever received.   On my pillow.  This arrived some weeks back from a friend across the world on another continent.  Let me share with you this amazing gift of 
love.


The card read :: Iv'e made this prayer shawl especially for you.  I prayed for you as I was knitting, then a group of ladies laid their hands on it and we prayed the prayer that is enclosed with the shawl.  You have become such a dear friend to me and I hope with this shawl you can feel truly wrapped in prayer.

I am amazed and humbled by this profoundly moving gift.  From a woman who is going through her own share of hardness right now.  This is truly one of the moments of knowing in a deep way that you belong to a spiritual family knitted together by the spirit of God.

As you wrap yourself in this shawl of comfort...Father, Son & Holy Spirit wrap you in their all -encompassing love this day.


May you find comfort from all that appears too much to bear at this moment
from all that feels as if it might be the breaking point
from all that seems to threaten your peace of heart.


May this shawl be : a shelter for times of overwhelming grief
a shade in times of sorrow too deep for words
a shield from unimaginable loss.


May you be comforted by the presence of those who love and support you
by faith in the eternal Loving one.
by the memories of what you hold most dear.


May you be strengthened
in your daily comings and goings
in your tentative new beginnings
in your unfolding new memories


Blessings of the Angel of Comfort be with you
And all you love, now and forevermore. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment