Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hope is an Anchor for the soul.



It's early 2016, the year started with a bang and the promise of hope, expectancy, new beginnings and daring to dream.

A new year is also a time of reflection and contemplation about some of the events of the past and the exploration of our thoughts and current beliefs about the world around us.

There are a few things I know which I was lucky enough to jot down over a quiet and peaceful lunch this week and a solitary walk on a quiet beach.




THE LIST GOES LIKE THIS


Looking after yourself physically and emotionally makes life work better.


Bitterness is destructive.


Healthy, dynamic, gracious and 'think outside the square' living rocks.


I am prone to making lots of mistakes but I also don't sweat them much these days.

----------
I can be very focused, yet entirely lazy at times.

---------

Everyone grows and moves forward on their own terms.  Or sometimes not.

No amount of preaching or enlightening will do it.  

It's the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.  That's cool.  There is a

 time for everything.  Releasing people to be themselves in their own time is a gift.

---------

I trust too easily but generosity of spirit is rare but so very worth it.  It's a flaw and strength that I won't part with.

---------
I get stuck and won't let go easily...... I can be stubborn.

---------

Trying and mastering new things is very empowering and liberating.

---------

Ultimately, you can't control too much in this life except yourself and your reactions to it.

---------

Being kind is always a good idea.  People don't expect it so much.

---------

Living in the moment, appreciating the ordinary and simple pleasures truly is the goal.

----------

Timing is everything.  I am learning to trust the timing of my life and not have it all figured out.

----------

It's not always black and white.


---------

Hope is an anchor for the soul
Hebrews 6:19





No comments:

Post a Comment